Courses by CategoryAccounting CPE Auditing CPE Business Law CPE Business Management CPE Ethics CPE Financial Planning CPE Governmental Accounting CPE Non-Profit Accounting CPE Real Estate CPE Taxation CPE Book CPE Courses
List All Products
Your Cart is currently empty.
Bankruptcy Tax Issues 2017 - 2 CPE Credit Hours
Price per Unit (piece):
|Ask a question about this product|
The Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act was enacted to minimize abuse of the bankruptcy system. Included in this Act were tax law changes and other changes that individuals, partnerships, and corporations will see in the bankruptcy XE "bankruptcy" procedures and qualifications. This mini-course both examines these changes that debtors will face when filing for federal bankruptcy and also explores the many tax issues of bankruptcy. Practitioners will also learn about other issues such as homesteading and garnishment by creditors.
Completion Deadline & Exam: This course, including the examination, must be completed within one year of the date of purchase. In addition, unless otherwise indicated, no correct or incorrect feedback for any exam question will be provided.
Course Level: Overview. This program is appropriate for professionals at all organizational levels.
Field of Study: Taxes
Prerequisite: General understanding of federal income taxation.
Recommended Credits: 2 CPE Hours
Advanced Preparation: None
Learning Assignment & Objectives
As a result of studying the assigned materials, you should be able to meet the objectives listed below.
At the start of the materials, participants should identify the following topics for study:
* Tax law changes
* Bankruptcy types
* Automatic stay
* Debt discharge
* Individual bankruptcy estate
* Individual debtor
* Corporate bankruptcy
* Homesteading & garnishment
After reading the materials, participants will be able to:
1. Identify changes made by the 2005 Bankruptcy Act, the common types of bankruptcy and filing qualifications.
2. Determine the impact of an automatic stay, the treatment of preferential transfers, the priority of claims, and the discharge of debts.
3. Recognize the creation and taxation of an individual bankruptcy estate noting partnership & corporate bankruptcy differences.
4. Identify the scope of and special rules for homesteading and garnishment.
After studying the materials, answer the exam questions 1 to 10.
Customer Reviews:There are yet no reviews for this product.
Please log in to write a review.