Courses by CategoryAccounting CPE Auditing CPE Business Law CPE Business Management CPE Information Systems CPE Ethics CPE Financial Planning CPE Governmental Accounting CPE Non-Profit Accounting CPE Real Estate CPE Taxation CPE Book CPE Courses
List All Products
Your Cart is currently empty.
Our system emails course materials automatically.
Please make sure to check your SPAM/Junk folder for your Course Materials.
Estate Taxes 2021 - 6 CPE Credit Hours
Price per Unit (piece):
TEXAS COMPLIANCE PENDING:
Texas requires a class be reviewed by enough students to assign earned CPE credits. This course is still new enough that we are obtaining the reviews needed. We recommend Texas CPAs check back soon. This process is usually finished within a few weeks.
Estate taxes are one of the taxes covered by the IRS’s unified transfer tax system. Estate taxes are designed to collect taxes from transferring property at death. Proper planning can save a substantial amount of money in taxes. This course will discuss estate planning and estate taxes. This course will describe the tools that are available for estate planning and will define the benefits of using each tool. This course will describe how to identify what is included in the gross estate and demonstrate how to calculate the gross estate amounts. This course has been updated to reflect all current changes to tax law and amounts for 2021.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
• Describe estate taxes and the purpose of estate taxes according to the Internal Revenue Code (IRC),
• Identify the various types of trusts that can be used for estate planning,
• Recognize what is included in the gross estate of a decedent,
• Calculate the gross estate of a decedent,
• Recognize the various deductions and credits available when calculating the gross estate of a decedent,
• Recognize the benefits of electing portability and calculating portability exemption amounts, and
• Describe the purpose of Generation Skipping Transfers and the Generation Skipping Transfer Tax according to the IRC.
Customer Reviews:craigmathison (Monday, 27 November 2023)